Financial Aid and Emotional Support
The following resources that may help alleviate the economic impact as many employers are experiencing a slowdown in business or services as a result of COVID-19:
Financial Aid and Resources
- Hollywood Support Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund- $450 checks will be available to those who qualify and who are currently receiving unemployment checks from the California Employee Development Department (EDD). $900 checks will be available to qualified applicants who cannot get checks from the EDD, such as 1099 employee status
- SAG-AFTRA Foundation Covid-19 Disaster Relief is offering a Disaster Fund that is now available to eligible SAG-AFTRA members who have been impacted by this pandemic.
- The Actors Fund (resources available to everyone in the entertainment industry - not just for performers)
- The Wrap - Here’s Where You Can Get (and Give) Financial Aid
- California’s Employment Development Department provides valuable information and potential options for both employers and employees
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance in response to COVID-19
- LA’s Economic & Workforce Development Department has established a Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- Motion Picture and Television Fund - website
Meditation and relaxation
- Headspace: Two-week free trial for the general public. (Providers with a National Provider Identifier can sign up for free full access.)
- Calm: Seven-day free trial. A meditation, sleep, and relaxation app that also provides resources specifically for coping with COVID-19 anxiety.
- Stop, Breathe & Think: Always free, and for kids too.
- Insight Timer: Always free. This is not a daily app, but rather a great library you can search for various types of meditations and lengths by excellent teachers.
- 10% Happier: Free and paid options available. Health care providers can use redemption code HEALTHCARE to unlock all content.
Please contact us with any other suggested helpful resources.