Resources and Short Term Employment Options
As you can see, some employers are still hiring but at a very slow pace relative to what we are used to. We've compiled a list of short term employment options to get people over the hump, companies that are hiring like mad right now are:
- Grocery Stores: Check all local stores as they are hiring
- Delivery Services: Amazon Fresh, FedEx, Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc.
- Amazon Virtual jobs & Amazon delivery
The following resources that may help alleviate the economic impact as many employers are experiencing a slowdown in business or services as a result of COVID-19:
- The Wrap - Here’s Where You Can Get (and Give) Financial Aid
- California’s Employment Development Department provides valuable information and potential options for both employers and employees
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance in response to COVID-19
- LA’s Economic & Workforce Development Department has established a Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- SAG-AFTRA Foundation Covid-19 Disaster Relief is offering a Disaster Fund that is now available to eligible SAG-AFTRA members who have been impacted by this pandemic.
- The Actors Fund (resources available to everyone in the entertainment industry - not just for performers)
- Hollywood Support Staff COVID-19 Relief Fund- $450 checks will be available to those who qualify and who are currently receiving unemployment checks from the California Employee Development Department (EDD). $900 checks will be available to qualified applicants who cannot get checks from the EDD, such as 1099 employee status
- Motion Picture and Television Fund - (323) 634-3888, or check their website
Please contact us with any other suggested helpful resources.